Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Cheese Stuffed Meatloaf



I love this version of meatloaf I don't think that I've made regular meatloaf since we tried this one. My Mom gave me this recipe and it's defiantly a keeper! Even the girls like it I mean how can you go wrong with cheese? So we had this for supper last night and I thought I would share the recipe for you to try it, let me know how you like it if you try it:)



Cheese-Stuffed Meatloaf

1 1/2 lbs ground beef 
1 egg 
1/2 cup Italian or plain breadcrumbs 
1 jar pasta sauce 
 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese 
1/4 cup diced onion 
1 Tbs. Parsley (optional)
 Parmesan Cheese

In a large bowl combine ground beef, 1/3 cup pasta sauce, egg and bread crumbs. Line a 13x9 casserole dish with plastic wrap. Shape the beef mixture into a rectangle covering the bottom of the dish.

Cover with 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese,

Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and parsley(if desired)

Leave a 3/4 inch border around the edges.

Roll starting at long end jelly roll style. Use your plastic wrap to help you roll. Remove plastic as you roll it up.
Press all ends together.

Bake 350 degrees uncovered for 45 minutes.

Remove from oven and drain as much grease off as you can.

Pour remaining pasta sauce over meatloaf and sprinkle with the rest of the cheese.

Bake additional 15 minutes until sauce is hot and cheese is melted.

And what's dinner without dessert? We had brownie Sundae's last night and Jaylee was so excited as you can see from these pictures!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks For Commenting!