I love homemade macaroni and cheese so I have made many different recipes throughout the years and Jeramey has hated everyone! He always says it's dry and pasty, well I finally found a recipe that he actually likes! He was just as shocked as I was, when he asked what we where having and I told him Tuscan Mac & Cheese I could hear the excitement in his voice... all he said was oh! So I was so excited that he actually liked it. I don't know if it was the cream cheese that did it or what but next time I am going to try and make it more like the traditional mac and cheese so hopefully if I just switch out cheeses from this recipe it will turn out just as good:)
Tuscan Macaroni & Cheese Bake
12 ounces crumbled bacon
2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
8 ounces cream cheese, cubed and softened
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 1/2 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 tablespoons flour
½ teaspoon salt
1/4 tea pepper
1 ½ cups milk
1 can of diced tomatoes not drained
½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Cook elbow macaroni according to package directions but undercook the pasta by 1-2 minutes since it will continue baking in the oven. In a small bowl, mix flour and salt, pepper together.
In a medium saucepan melt the butter, then whisk in flour and spices. Allow the flour/butter mixture to cook without browning for about 30 seconds while whisking/stirring. Slowly add the milk ,cream cheese and stir until slightly thickened, this may take about 5-6 minutes, add diced tomatoes and ½ the bacon , Stir constantly to prevent scorching on the bottom of the pan. When slightly thickened, pour the milk mixture over pasta mixture and mix well.
Pour ½ into an 11X7-inch (or circular) lightly greased casserole dish top with ½ of the leftover bacon and ½ cup of mozz. cheese add the rest of the pasta mixture cover with the remaining bacon and then top with ½ cup of mozz cheese. Bake covered at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. Uncover and bake for 10 min. or until golden brown. Let sit for 5-10 minutes before serving.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks For Commenting!