I made this cake for the first time yesterday and let me tell you I will defiantly make it again, it was really good! The next time I make it I am going to try strawberry pie filling and see how that is, I think any kind of pie filling would be really good, it make's a really moist cake, so if you need a chocolate fix try this cake you won't be disappointed:)
Cherry Chocolate Cake
Cake
1 box of devil's food cake mix
1 (21 oz) can cherry pie filling
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 inch pan. In a large bowl, combine dry cake mix, cherry pie filling, eggs, and vanilla extract. Stir by hand until well blended. (Using an electric mixer will break up the cherries.) Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool.
Fudge Frosting
1 cup white sugar
5 Tb butter
1/3 cup milk
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
In a small saucepan, combine sugar, butter, and milk. Boil, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips until smooth. Immediately pour over partially cooled cake.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks For Commenting!