Thursday, July 29, 2010

Summer Twist on one of our Winter favorite's

We love beef stew and I have tried a couple of different recipes which have all been good, I have been so hungry for it but being summer I couldn't bring myself to make this meal that reminds me so much of Cold Snowy Winter days.....until I found this recipe! It calls for BBQ Sauce! How much more summer can you get than that! So I figured we had to try it:)



Slow-Cooker BBQ Beef Stew

1 Tbsp. Oil
2 lb.  Beef stew meat (1-1/2-inch cubes)
5 Carrots (3/4 lb.), peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 large  Onion, cut into chunks
6 small Red potatoes (2-1/2 lb.), quartered
3/4 cup Barbecue Sauce, divided
1 pkg.  (10 oz.) frozen peas


HEAT oil in nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add meat, in batches; cook until evenly browned, stirring occasionally. Layer carrots, onions and potatoes in bottom of 5-qt. slow cooker; top with meat. Pour 1/2 cup barbecue sauce over meat. Cover with lid.

COOK on LOW 7 to 8 hours (or on HIGH 5 hours).

STIR in peas and remaining barbecue sauce; cook, covered, 15 min. or until heated through.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks For Commenting!