Tuesday, July 20, 2010

What's For Dinner...

Salsa Verde Steak in the Slow Cooker, this is one that I love to make because I can throw everything together in the crockpot in the morning and don't have to mess with it until we are about ready to eat. They are like a cross between tacos and fajitas, anyway they are really good and have great flavor. I usually shred the meat at least a hour to a hour and a half before we eat so the meat has time to soak up more of the juice:)

    boneless round steak or another cut of beef
    1 small can of salsa verde
    1/2 cup chicken broth, beef broth or water
    1 tsp. chili powder
    1 tsp. cumin
    1 clove garlic, minced
    1 onion, sliced

    * flour tortillas
    * cheddar cheese
    * lettuce, tomato, sour cream etc

Put the steak and onions in the crock-pot.  Combine the salsa, broth and seasonings.  Pour over the steak.  Cook on high for 5-6 hours or low for 7-8 hours.
Shred the meat and serve in the tortillas with the fixings.
Photobucket





1 comment:

  1. That sounds so good Stacie! Gonna have to try that one, Now I'm hungry!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks For Commenting!