Thursday, August 26, 2010

Spaghetti with a twist

 I love spaghetti! seriously who doesn't? Here are  a couple reasons 1) it's one meal that you can throw together in no time and it's  so easy 2) it's just one of those comfort foods that just make you feel good and 3) it just plain tastes really good:) So in our house we usually alternate between spaghetti and baked spaghetti when we make it  so another recipe would be nice to throw in the mix. Yesterday morning I caught a little bit of a commercial on tv and all I caught was spaghetti sauce and cream cheese. Hmm had my wheels turning, and it just so happened that I had half a block of cream cheese I needed to use anyway. So this is my concoction I threw together

Cream Cheese Spaghetti Sauce
1 jar of Spaghetti Sauce
4 oz Cream Cheese
Fresh Mushrooms-sliced
Parmesan Cheese
Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a pan add mushrooms and sauté until soft. Add the spaghetti sauce stirring until heated through on med-low heat, then add the cream cheese and stir. Let that blend together until all the cheese has melted add a couple of shakes of Parmesan cheese and serve over noodles.

This is one I think we will gladly add to our rotation:) It had a great creamy texture and really good flavor, the girls loved it!

Let me know what you think if you try it:)

Just have to throw this in , While we were eating Jeramey & I put Parmesan cheese on our spaghetti so of course Jaylee wanted some too. So Daddy sprinkled some on hers just like ours and put it down, meanwhile I was watching Lex the whole time she was just sitting there starring at every ones plate like "hey where's mine?" I told Jeramey to give me the cheese and asked her if she wanted some too, she got a big smile on her face and said "yah", so I sprinkled some on hers and she said in the cutest softest baby voice ever "thank you mommy"! It was ADORABLE!! Jeramey and I both said it's crazy how all the sudden she is talking and we can understand her, she has been "talking" for a while now but not like this she knows what she is saying and understands what you are saying to her. Cutest thing ever! Made my night:)
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks For Commenting!