Okay I don't know if I'm the only crazy one or not but is anyone else fighting the urge to get the Christmas decorations out and start decorating? Anyone, come on fess up I know I can't be the only one, right? Now that Halloween is over I REALLY REALLY want to start decorating! But my hubby would probably kill me. He has a big enough fit when I put the tree up a week before thanksgiving. So I am going to have to fight the urge until I can't do it any longer,(or until I bug him enough that he gives in:) hopefully I can talk him into letting me do it a week or two before thanksgiving. So don't be surprised if the blog get's a early Christmas makeover soon... he can't say anything about that ;) But I'm thinking this year I might be able to get him more into the idea of decorating early as he is excited about what I'm doing for the tree topper this year. Let's just say it involves pheasant feathers, I can't wait to see it done! It sounds weird I know, but trust me it (hopefully) will look beautiful! So with the hunting season for pheasant starting today, I told Jeramey he had better get me some good feathers to use:) And hopefully Mayzie does her job as this is the first season she will be out hunting. But back to Christmas, I have about a million things on my list that I want to make and seriously need to get started, that should feed my urge for decorating for a while (i hope)! Here's couple of things on the list ....
-I am going to try making our own stockings and tree skirt
-Decorate some ornaments
-Make a snowman light
If any one has ever made their own stocking or tree skirt and have any tips I'd be glad to hear them:)
* If you haven't received a flyer from toys r us yet you should check it out, they have some pretty good sales going on until thanksgiving with a lot of free items paired with certain toys or purchases. My sister & I are headed there tomorrow to get a little bit of Christmas shopping done, Yay for some sister time & some shopping!!
Have a great weekend all!!!

I am so with you!! I want to put my Christmas stuff up already too, and I just might next week :) I'm making our tree skirt this year too, not sure how yet.. just going to experiment, I picked up some cute fabric on clearance after Christmas last year! And Aaron is all excited about pheasant hunting too! We have a lot in common today :) have a good weekend!
ReplyDelete