Sunday, October 10, 2010

Homemade Laundry Detergent

I have wanted to do this forever, and this past weekend I finally did. It was so easy, literally took less than ten minutes. I have used it all week and it works great, I was a little reluctant at first but it was as good if not better than what I had been buying, and seeing how this cost very little to make I am so excited about the money this will save.

Here is the recipe I used if you want to give it a try, and this is also safe for front loading washers as it makes little to no suds!

Each batch yields 16 ounces.  I made 4 batches

1 bar of shaved bar soap (Ivory, ZOTE, Fels-Naptha)(I just used a cheese grater to shave it)
1/2 cup of borax
1/2 cup of washing soda
1/2 cup oxyclean
Thoroughly stir together for 5 minutes and enjoy the results!  

You use 1-2 tablespoons per load more to 2 per load depending on how "dirty"the load is.

I picked up this jar and made a label for it to put the detergent in and it sits right by the washer ready to go:)
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks For Commenting!