Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Just asking....

 Last week my youngest sister MaKenzie had a MRI to determine the cause of some symptoms she has been having and that have gotten progressively worse. Those results came back and she has been diagnosed with something called Chiari malformation,


Chiari malformation is a condition in which brain tissue protrudes into your spinal canal. It occurs when part of your skull is abnormally small or misshapen, pressing on your brain and forcing it downward. Chiari malformation is uncommon, but improved imaging tests have led to more frequent diagnoses.
The adult form, called Chiari malformation type I, develops as the skull and brain are growing. As a result, signs and symptoms may not occur until late childhood or adulthood. The most common pediatric form, called Chiari malformation type II, is present at birth (congenital).
Treatment of Chiari malformation depends on the form, severity and associated symptoms. Regular monitoring, medications and surgery are treatment options. 
So as of now she has a appt. right before Thanksgiving to see what the options are, but it looks like more than likely from what the doctor had said is that they will do surgery. So I will keep everyone updated on her as we continue to find out more, but I just wanted to ask if you would keep her in your prayers. As we've been shown prayer is a powerful thing! I would really appreciate  it !
Photobucket


2 comments:

  1. We will definitely be thinking and praying for her!! Please keep me posted on what you guys find out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a friend that also has this diagnosis and is big into getting the awareness out. If you want her contact information please let me know. It might help for her or your family to talk to someone else suffering with it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks For Commenting!